Beware of scams over the phone. It has been reported that several residents received phone calls from individuals representing themselves as employees of the IRS, Amazon, and other businesses. They are alleging that there is a problem with your account and then request your personal information.
* Before divulging personal information to anyone, know with whom you’re dealing.
* Never reply to messages asking for personal information.
* Never send money or account information in reply to notices that you won money.
* Give only to established charities.
* Don’t fall for pressure tactics.
* Be wary of imposter scams in which a scammer pretends to be someone close to you or an entity you’re unlikely to question.
If you have any concerns contact the Police Department.